Environmental protection, safety and quality policy
EUROBULK LTD is committed to provide a professional ship management service in a competent cost effective manner, in order to meet the agreed requirements of its customers as well as to fulfill its responsibilities towards its employees, the environment and the public.
EUROBULK LTD is full committed to ensure prevention of human injury or loss of life and avoidance of damage to the environment and to property by providing the necessary working conditions in compliance with national and international laws, rules and regulations as well as other requirements.
Top management of EUROBULK LTD. ensures that customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, understood and consistently met, the risks and opportunities that can affect conformity of products and services and the ability to enhance customer satisfaction are determined and addressed and the focus on enhancing customer satisfaction is maintained.
The company actively promotes quality, health, safety and environmental excellence culture at all levels of its organization with the purpose of achieving incident free operations of its vessels.
EUROBULK LTD is constantly working to ensure continuous improvement in its health, safety, environmental and quality performance. The company demonstrates pro-active leadership by expecting, encouraging and educating all employees to take part in creating a work environment that prevents risk to people, property and the environment.
EUROBULK Ltd has a “No Blame Policy” treating any non conformance as an opportunity to learn and improve health and safety conditions onboard. All accidents, incidents and hazardous occurrences shall be promptly and properly reported and adequate corrective and preventive measures shall be implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
In order to effectively implement its quality, health, safety and environmental policy the company commits to the following key principles and objectives:
- Strong management commitment and effective leadership at all levels of the organization with clearly assigned management roles and individual responsibilities
- Adequate arrangements for communication, negotiation and consultation with all employees to ensure the protection of human life and the protection of the environment
- The management of vessel’s operation and maintenance in a safe manner which aims to the prevention of errors, hazardous situations and incidents at sea
- The provision of adequate resources for the achievement of set objectives, targets and programs
- Commitment to comply with and exceed applicable legal and other requirements which relate to environmental, health and safety aspects
- The adherence, as appropriate, to all national and international legislative and regulatory requirements
- Ensure continuous improvement of our operations and our quality, health, safety and environmental management system through proper analysis and follow up of defined key performance measurements
- Conservation of its zero incident policy by monitoring and analyzing all reported incidents, near misses and distributing lessons learnt to all vessels and divisions in order to avoid similar occurrences
- Execution of comprehensive risk assessments for all shipboard operations through the involvement of designated personnel
- No person below the minimum age of eighteen (18) years old shall be employed or engaged or work on a ship managed by the company
- The provision of providing on board personnel with occupational health protection and a safe and hygienic environment to live, work and train
- The implementation of timely non conformity and incident investigation and analysis procedures, including necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Conservation of zero complaint policy by ensuring the fair, effective and expeditious handling of any seafarer complaint, including the prohibition and penalization of any kind of seafarer victimization for filing a complaint
- Senior officers and visiting shore management always lead by example in health, safety, quality and environmental related issues, demonstrating a good example to vessel’s crew and others by wearing correct personal protection equipment (PPE) and complying with stated safety practices and procedures
EUROBULK LTD policy for Environmental protection, Safety and Quality is mandatory and binding on all shore and sea personnel. Customer satisfaction and company reputation are directly dependent upon this working philosophy.